Old 06-01-20, 09:01 AM   #22
Rosomaha
Loader

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 1

Hi guys. I had a short break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Rosomaha can you please tell which tool you were using to create files NKC3_ClassShips.fx and NKC3_ClassShips_FX.dsd? S3D maybe? I had some CTD problems with new C-3 moddel in my museum rendering test. I've re-saved mentioned files in goblin editor and CTDs are gone... This is also a note for anyone who use this ship in custom modlists...
Hi, @ vdr1981. I can no longer remember and say exactly which file in which program made the last save. I edited them all many times, both in GoblinEditorApp and in S3D with own Configurator add-on, for example, when creating some files I took them from other Units, emptied them and started to fill them up again for C3. When editing the specific values of individual controllers, I used S3D - it was more convenient for me to work, I was well used to S3D and not used to GoblinEditor, at the same time during the final assembly of files I opened them in GoblinEditor, looked at their general correspondence in the “Merge” mode, and if it was necessary to make corrections and save it again, but apparently not all files passed the last save in GoblinEditor.
Before that, I absolutely did not attach any importance to which program they should be saved, I thought they both do the same thing only in their environment, and give the same result.
So, this explains some of the points that I had - one day the ship took off СTD during destruction in a SingleMissions, while I slightly adjusted some numerical values in .sim, for example, mass, speed, displacement, etc. and the next day not a single departure - the ship is stable in the game, then again. I did not understand the relationship and dependencies of this and how changing the values could affect CTD, but it was very likely that the parameters themselves did not matter, and I just saved the files in different programs, probably when there was a save to S3D and there were crashes. Your example and guesses now open up a new perspective on this for me. Therefore, I always say that we need testers and high-quality feedback. This is very interesting information, and I will not be surprised that it can even have CTD as a result, Silent Hunter has always been very moody and in the most unexpected places.

It turns out that at the end of the work it is necessary to re-save all files through GoblinEditorApp - we will take this into account in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
P.S.
Do I have the permission to add this ship to TWoS ?
Yes of course you can.
You can also wait for the final update of NKC3 - there I am going to make changes.
So far I have put a little order in the NKC3_ClassShips_FX.GR2 file by distributing the points of fracture effects according to the model. I also deleted a couple of explosions, I think there are too many of them in the source file and there is an excess of fireworks. I think whether to delete something else.
Link who wants to try:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kehch3..._file.zip/file

Destruction effects can be quickly viewed in the Museum: if in the file .zon - ColisionableObject - Hit_Points set the value = 0 - sequential destruction of the ship; if you reset the remaining values or completely remove ColisionableObject - the instantaneous catastrophic destruction of the ship. I also plan to rename cfg # Yx, as advised by @kapuhy to cfg # K0x, put the third cargo cfg # K03 on the front, borrowing the radar cell - active detection tools are still not used on vehicles in the game. And main - in the process of working, the file with “Platforme” for NKC3 will be platforms similar to the old Platforme.dat only on the basis of the GR2 file and they can be put on the GR2-model of ships without problems in rendering harmony, I've found a suitable gr-donor, and I think I can.

I welcome @gap. I read about AO. Yes, you're right, the textures of AO, however, like everything else, are very old and were made for SH4. I am an alien for SH5), I used to dig mainly with units in SH4. There are no dynamic shadows there, so a “shadow prerender” was needed, more “bold” and there was a slightly different ship equipment. It was all more harmonious and to the point:

In SH5 now, some parts have too much black-out shading on the deck if you mean it (?). But adding the three main Cargo in its place and adding platforms that will also change commensurate boxes in these places, I hope will improve the overall picture. Maybe, can still lighten the spots. I will not redo the UV-sweep and re-render, this is rebuilding GR2 again, this is labor costs comparable to assembling a new unit.

Last edited by Rosomaha; 06-01-20 at 09:57 AM.
Rosomaha is offline   Reply With Quote