View Single Post
Old 04-22-19, 08:37 AM   #7
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

My guide above assumes that you have the AOD CD-ROM. The folders SOUND, OLM, INTRO are located in it (and you must copy them to the Dosbox game folder).

If you have another source of the game, then my guide may not fully apply, I would need to see a screenshot of your game dir structure to tell you if you have all the files.
The INTRO is not important, the OLM contains the online-manual, also not critical to play the game. But the content of the expansion disk (which you need to manually 'unchunk'), as well as the update 1.2 are critical to have all new game features.

If you did not enter the right unchunk command, then not all files will be extracted. You must have the file Resource.000, unchunk.exe and the special BAT file in the SAME folder, then you must navigate with DOS to that folder (see commands above) , and enter the command (or launch the special bat file) with:

unchunk resource.000 . > nul

Dont' make any typing errors or ommission - especially the spaces - ...or it will not extract everything... (best is to copy-paste the command from my guide and put it in a bat file as I explain.)
All this dance was never meant to be done manually, or try to mount a A:\ diskette in Dosbox with the expansion disk, and launch the BAT file that comes with it, , I have tried that but it didn't work, so you must do it manually.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 04-22-19 at 08:58 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote