View Single Post
Old 01-09-19, 04:46 PM   #54
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I sure do wish aanker would get well and re-join us. He knows a lot about the save folders.
Latest testing results. I created a new "pristine game" folder using CMS for testing FOTRSUv80 with a Documents Folder dedicated to this test. I've reset all of my hard drives and SSD to disable write caching. I also have the Documents Folder on the same drive as the game test. I made 5 save games for each individual boat. The first save game was made 2.25 hours from the starting time, 1300. The 5 saves were made at these Base times; 1515, Sunset, 0015, Sunrise, and 1215. After each test I saved all the games to separate folders and Classified them either Set A if they worked or Set B if they did not. I also deleted them from the Documents folder. Each new test was made with a clean save game folder. By "worked", I mean that they successfully passed the "quit/start/load/reload/" test. By "BAD" I mean that they passed the "quit/start/load" test, but NOT the "quit/start/load/reload" test.

1. Asiatic Fleet S-18 January 1942 - All saves worked. Classified Set A.
2. Pearl Harbor Porpoise January 1942 - All saves worked. Classified Set A.
3. Pearl Harbor Tench January 1945 - All saves BAD. Classified Set B-1.
4. Pearl Harbor Tambor January 1942 - All saves worked. Classified Set A.
5. Pearl Harbor Narwhal January 1945 - All saves BAD. Classified Set B.
.......testing continues.
[EDIT] What if it's not the boat but one of the options associated with the boat. Both failures were in 1945. All good saves were in 1942.
6. Pearl Harbor Narwhal January 1942 - All saves worked. Classified Set A. This is significant as it indicates that it may not be the "boat" but one or more of the options attached to the "boat."
7. Pearl Harbor Balao June 1943 - All saves worked. Classified Set A. I may be on to something here. Torpedos mix of 14s & 23, Twin 20mm fore & aft, 4" 50 Bow, SJ-I, ISD, JP, WCA
8. Pearl Harbor Tench January 1945 - All saves BAD. Classified Set B-2. Torps mix of 14s & 23, Twin 40mm fore & aft, 5" 25 Bow, SJ-I, ISD, JP, WCA. Maybe it's the twin 40s, or the 5" 25 Bow which I could not change out.
9. Pearl Harbor Balao January 1944 - All saves BAD. Classified Set B. Torps mix of 14s & 23, Single 40mm fore & Aft, 5" 25 Stern, SJ-I, ISD, JP, WCA.

The difference between the (#7) 1943 Balao using the 4" 50 and Twin 20mm, and, which worked vs this 1944 Balao (#9) which uses the 5" 25 gun, but single 40mm fore and aft. The Tench (#3 and #8) use the 5" 25 Bow gun and Twin 40mm fore and aft. The 1945 Narwhal (#5) use the bow and stern 4" 50 gun and twin 40mm fore and aft. The 1942 Narwhal (#6) uses the bow and stern 4" 50 and a single 50 cal machine gun. FOTRSUv80 took away our ability to upgrade/downgrade certain items so I cannot check what would happen if I were able to downgrade the 1944 Balao to the 4" 50 and Twin 20mm fore and aft.

Well, I've gone as far as I can go today. I feel like I'm getting closer to an answer. There is more testing yet to be done.........

[EDIT] Well, if it isn't the "boat" and it isn't the weaponry, torpedoes and sensors etc attached with the "boat" then maybe it's the date. My latest testing reveals that the issue starts with Campaigns beginning in January 1944. A Career with the same boat begun in Mid-1943 (June) does not have the issue.

10. Pearl Harbor Gato January 1944 - All saves BAD. Classified Set B. Torps mix of 14s and 23. Single 40mm fore & aft, 5" 25 gun stern, SJ-I, ISD, JP, WCA.
11. Pearl Harbor Gato June 1943 - All saves worked. Classified Set A. Torps mix of 14s and 23. Twin 20mm fore & aft, 4" 50 gun, SJ-I, ISD, JP, WCA.
12. Pearl Harbor Gar January 1944 - All saves BAD. Classified Set B. Torps mix of 14s &23. Single 40mm fore & aft, 5"25 gun stern, SJ-I, ISD, JP, WCA.
13. Pearl Harbor Gar June 1943 - All saves worked. Classified Set A. Torps mix 14s & 23. Twin 20mm fore & aft, 4"50 gun, SJ-I, ISD, WCA.
By "worked", I mean that they successfully passed the "quit/start/load/reload/" test. By "BAD" I mean that they passed the "quit/start/load" test, but NOT the "quit/start/load/reload" test.

I have all of the save game files, saved and sorted to individual folders if anyone would like to dive in.

Now to start looking at the FOTRSU Campaign generation files beginning in January 1944.

For good measure, and for comparison, I started a Campaign in TMO/RSRD/OTC/ISP, Tench, Feb 1945 and all saves worked.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".

Last edited by Front Runner; 01-10-19 at 10:22 AM.
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote