View Single Post
Old 02-14-15, 12:56 AM   #19
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Small update, saving this post for the long-weekend frenzy im going to try to get as much done as possible. Im working backwords usually you make the game logic (code) first and then the pretty stuff (models/textures/shaders) but I gotta sell this to get some team members so I'm not basically all alone.

Got the radar and radio rooms setup with their doors tonight. I think I have the entire layout setup now just need to add equipment, hatches, watertight doors, lockers, periscope #1, helms/planesmen controls and the rest of the HPA air system controls and this compartment can be considered version 1.0 done. Then move onto the torpedo compartment or something.

Edit: Another small update. Edited the GitHub page majorly, added a ton of info to the wiki, updated the readme to include more game details, and added issue trackers for game logic that needs coding (towed arrays, waterfall displays, radar displays etc.)

As well I started what I was dreading.. modelling the control room for the planesmen until I sort through my pictures to get some better angles this is as far as I could get. They really used a weird system on 571.
I need to take a break from modelling, when youve modelled a quarter million polygons in a couple weeks it gets old. I'm going to spend tonight off and tommorrow I'm going to actually start a new Unity project from scratch and start recoding some of my U-Boat scripts and the water system for starters. I also found a great equation for thermalclines that tells you how fast sound travels through water based on depth, salinity, and temperature so I'm going to code a nice temperature indicator to be used either in a UI function or on a screen on the subs (or both)

I was playing Janes 688i hunter/killer today and just had to gaze in awe at how amazingly realistic they modelled this stuff... back in 1995/6/7. If I can get data displays even somewhere near that I'll be a happy man. Their waterfall displays are just beautiful.

The beveled squares are all going to become indicators (depth, rudder, course etc)

Last edited by nsomnia; 02-14-15 at 04:45 PM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote