View Single Post
Old 07-07-14, 08:04 PM   #15
emsoy
Loader

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
10 Minuit 20 Minuit a.s.o that is a short time I agree, but 6 hour !? just to load some weapon, fuel and give the pilot or pilots some information about the next target.(here I'm talking about aircraft with no problem what so ever)

Why not make some kind of time of repair in the game

e.g

4 of your F35 has returned from a mission(which you have planned) after they have landed you get information that 2 of your F35 has a damage(or while they are in the air heading for home)

1. Engine damage
2. Damage to some part of the plane(probably a hit from AAA)

The game could then make some time to when these repair is done and the aircraft can be put into action again. Just an idea

And I'm talking about aircraft-Fighter jets

What I wrote about the Swedish Fighter Jet JAS39 is real time. This is the time the technician and these conscript need to refuel, rearm or reload this fighter jet.
Of course if the plane got a damage or something, additional time has to been added

To get a warship ready that takes time a lot of time(depending on its status when the war started)

Realistic game...when will we ever get that????
Please see my above post. I'd eally appreciate more hard info on the JAS 39 operations, including the number of sorties generated over time. I.e. during the first 24 hours, during the whole surge ops period (which usually lasts a maximum of 5-6 days) and during sustained ops. I'm afraid the tiny bits of info you've given us so far really isn't enough to validate or disprove the model. Sorry!

Quote:
It's a great game indeed but realistic When

Here's a example and there's plenty of them

I had 4 F18 (2+2) AMRAAM Heavy their mission was to protect two other groups with Air to ground loadout.

They encountet a group of two MIG29
I USED every AMRAAM on these two MIG's NONE of them hit their target
Then one of the MIG fired 4 of his missile and killed 3 of mine F18
Okay it's impossible to determine what happened without a savegame or a message log. Could be your side had a bad day, and the enemy an extremely lucky one. Or there could be a problem.

Also, what version/build are you using? The latest version (B553 or B554) has a number of improvemets on decoy and DECM handling over 1.03 so recommend checking it out if you're not running it already.

Quote:
And so it goes in almost EVERY scenario where there's Russian Fighter in it

So don't tell me about realistic game.

Yesterday I played for few hours (Fill the Gap) same here lots and lots of Air to Air missile against Russian fighters and Russian Bombers (had to use about 6-8 missile on each target)

Then These Russian Bombers fired all their ASM against my CVBG. MY CVBG fired almost every SAM2 they had and some more SAM and none of the ASM was hit 4 of my ship was hit.
That sounds... weird... can you post a savegame? And again, what version of the sim are you using? B553/554 has a number of fixes to both seeker logics and mid-course guidance logics, but also introduces PoK speed modifiers for anti-ship missiles. Fast missiles will be difficult if not impossible to hit by older, less capable anti-air systems.

And what was the ECM environment like?

Quote:
I like Command and I'm not new to this warfaresim.

Edit forgot two thing

The fatigue of an pilot- Of course a pilot get tired after so and so many hours in the air and on high concentration all the time. What I know most countries have more than 1 pilot per aircraft. Sweden has about 3-4 pilot to each JAS39.

Ready time, planning and other things
Again I say: The planning is MY the players job NOT the in-game-crew

Markus
No problem, but we need more hard facts. Sorry.

Database guru, sensor model developer, system tester and senior scenario designer in the "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
emsoy is offline   Reply With Quote