View Single Post
Old 11-03-09, 11:22 AM   #120
Lipud U-107
Ensign

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfish6 View Post
I tried out the Deutschland-class BB and had some serious problems with spotting. I was coming through the Kattegat (after spending about 30 minutes trying to maneuver her out of her berth at Kiel - big ships are not as nimble as my old Type VIIB!) and in clear skies and calm seas my crew didn't detect a neutral Danish medium freighter until it was about 200m off my port beam. I looked out the bridge view and saw another Danish coastal freighter just aft of the first freighter that hadn't even been spotted - it couldn't have been more than 400m from my ship!

Anyone else experienced this? I've also tried the early destroyer, but didn't make any contact with the enemy on my first patrol (though it seemed to have no problem spotting things in Wilhelmshaven).

I have the same problem when I was sailing Bismarck is my crew is not able to see Catalina was only when I started to shoot it but when I saw it was a destroyer sailed oki think that this problem tartar that obscures the view of observers of the superstructure on the bridge, unfortunately vessels often do not see
Lipud U-107 is offline   Reply With Quote