View Single Post
Old 12-07-20, 09:57 AM   #10
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

There are several ways to play GTAO solo. The easiest way is to start it in either solo or invite only modes. This allows the player to do just about everything in GTAO without any other players to hack or grief or do other nefarious deeds.

The main restriction to those modes is you cannot run your businesses. For example in order to run the import/export source and sell missions you must be in public. The main challenge there is that your location is broadcast to entire server, and it is announced that you are attempting it. So if anyone wants to intercept you they have a good chance. It is not fun to have sourced a sick whip, fixed it up, painted it -- with your own money -- and then have it blown up by another player when you are driving it to the customer.

But there is a way around this too. You can suspend process for a brief time, which essentially kicks yourself out of the lobby, and you end up in a private solo 'public' server and can then conduct your business in peace.

I'm like level 125 in GTAO now. I don't mind public. But when I started it was really bad, and without these solo modes I would have given up. They allowed me to rank up in peace, get better kit, weapons, vehicles, aircraft and properties, so that now I have the gear needed to compete and survive in PvP.