Old 12-29-19, 10:24 PM   #4
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Tweak vs mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
One technical thing that popped out at me: not sure if I should say mods or tweaks for what I have in mind. I simply edit text fields to add an extra gun or more torpedo reloads, etc, instead of using jgsme for most things. Does that complicate or simplify things?
I do both.

I'd call a simple text edit of a rather large file a tweak. For example, I don't like nomographs on my Nav map. A little research led me to the appropriate data file and I placed ";" in front of each line responsible for adding the nomograph, which is now gone. That's a tweak.

On the other hand, I've made small, numerous shortcut changes to the keystrokes by changing particular letters on particular commands in the Commands file. For example: shift+enter fires a torpedo, Tab key locks on a target instead of letter L and shift+C is now crash dive. And others, so over quite some time, I've made a keystroke mod that I continually update and with every new edit, the new mod goes in the Mod folder and is enabled with JSGME to test.

Most of the mods I use are developed by others, they go in the Mod folder and are enabled with JSGME. Let me know when you begin developing some tweaks, I mean mods; there are some ideas I have but I've been totally stumped on results.