Old 09-17-12, 03:31 PM   #8
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
Hi Gap, some info re. Your 1st post
I'm using the mod list which contains NewUI, Harbour addition, OHII, mtns (+fix), and this combination is not compatible by now with such popular mods as AI Sub Crew, Sub Exsaust, Sub Flags (with the first two it is 100% true). Uekel in his "Shleightfehrt'-mod "forced to coexist" AI Sub Crew and "mtns", but his mega-mod is for CSP Magui interface mostly (problem with NewUI) .

So this is just for the info and to prevent You from possible problems in your venture.
Thank you Vlad, I'll dig in those mods, and see why they are not copatible with each other. Anyway I am 99% sure that with some patience they can be merged together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
The periscopes (both obs and attack) used to be overextending (able to rise wwaaaaay too high). This is one of the things that REM's mod was fixing.

I haven't had a chance to check before I posted (still trying to figure out my CTD at approaching Keil fun and I was away entire weekend), but it might have been fixed in one of the mods that I have installed (primarely sober's list).

On the rest - after I fully move to the new computer and figure out the above mentioned problem, I'll definately help as much as I can
Hi again Targor,

do you mean that persicopes are graphically extending over their housings or rather that they are way to long if compared with historical lenghts?

While I haven't ever heard of periscopes protruding from the sub for more than their actual lenght, the latter issue is a known vanilla inaccuracy that was fixed by U-boat historical specifications, back in the days. Though not being sure about it, I think this mod is now included in some of TDW's mods, and it is anyway not compatible with some more recent mods.

Another mod dealing with periscope lenghts, as remarked by you, is indeed REM. Why don't you use it?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote