View Single Post
Old 10-29-20, 10:10 AM   #2090
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
This isn't a relatively new bug, just a re-activation of an older one. CapnScurvy had "cemented" the guns to the boats' gun decks back prior to beta v0.90, in an attempt to prevent similar from happening. It did prevent a few issues, but altered other issues and caused new, irreparable ones, so we have since put things back the way they were (or close). TMO introduced the kit-bash Narwhal, which has both a bow and an aft deck gun. There might be something going on when that boat is "upgraded", but in my case, I went to a Tambor and then a Gato before getting the Balao, and on neither of the two other fleet boats was there an issue... but I did move the gun on one of them (both bow mounts) to the stern. The Balao should come with a stern mount. That might be where the trouble is introduced. I might try my little experiment again, and when getting the Balao without a deck gun, go back to the previous Save in-port, and put the deck gun back on the bow, then go on patrol again, come back in, get the Balao and see what it does... That would be another few days out of my life though... - it might have to wait a few weeks.
I can wait it out; I'll just stick with the Gato meanwhile. FYI, I have not shelled out of this career except from the Office or Main Menu. Nor have I moved a deck gun from any original position at all during this entire career. Thanks for taking it on.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote