View Single Post
Old 10-16-21, 12:47 PM   #29
RetroGamer
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
I have found some of the strategy and tactics tips and compiled them. Maybe you find them of some interest in your campaign journey:
Link below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kvdg4pb6c...1%2B2.zip?dl=0

Also here is the link to the old Archives of Combatsim Armor forum with some pertaining posts to M1TP2.
http://www.combatsim.com/cgi-bin/ubb...&start_point=0

Wow, thanks! Yes, I find reading up on M1TP2 gameplay to be very interesting. It is sad that the game appears to have been totally abandoned for Steel Beasts. I don't think that way - if something was good decades ago, it's still good!!!

I have not given Steel Beasts a real chance and suspect I'm not interested because it's too realistic.

Back in the day, we'd have to "qualify" all Bradley crews on ranges which are modeled after tank gunnery ranges. The Table VIII range qualification was the individual vehicle crew qualification range.

Table XII was the platoon level qualification range.

There was tremendous pressure on us to make sure everybody was trained up and qualified. We ran crews through day and night and were running into serious sleep deprivation. Yeah....firing the 25mm Bradley main gun on the range was NOT fun. However gunnery and playing tank PC games IS fun! Very odd!!!

Thanks for the links! I just completed all 5 campaigns but it doesn't count because I did it on "Easy" mode. Now that I know what I'm doing, I'm going to re-attempt on "Hard" mode. I've also got two 128MB sticks of memory scheduled to arrive next week. I'm not sure if more memory will improve how the game runs or not - probably won't make a difference. I'm also on the hunt for a Creative 3Dfx card so I can run M1TP2 in SLI mode. The additional card might make the sim look even better. It actually looks fine now.

Redcon-1, continuing mission, out!

Last edited by RetroGamer; 10-16-21 at 03:57 PM.
RetroGamer is offline   Reply With Quote