Old 01-09-22, 04:19 AM   #42
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
... still looking for any site that like that maritime site, free viewing of plans & such info on older WW2 ships. Thus far, have noted some sites that were... alright, but... the size/s of images & such, sucked. Am still beating the bushes... soon as I find something that I believe to be more than, adequate... will forward that to ya.
Thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I have re-read your post more carefully, and I think I know what do you mean. Wings3D scales, turns and arranges UV regions so to keep their relative proportions and so to maximize their size relative to the texture space.
You got my point.

Quote:
This probably happens because you UV mapped the whole model at once.
I combined all meshes, then selected all the faces of the port side (light blue material) and started the UV-mapping process.

Quote:
You can straighten up UV region separately. To do so select one of the edges that you want to be perfectly horizontal/vertical, right click and choose 'Turn', followed by either 'Chart to X' or 'Chart to Y'.
Oh, I didn't know that. I will try this.

Quote:
Wings3D can't automatically arrange different UV regions (in our case hull and superstructure sides) according to their relative arrangement in an orthogonal projection, but you can do that manually. Just pick up a plan of your ship (side elevation), preferably the one that your model is based on, make it square in raster graphic program and use it as your model's texture. After doing that, you can scale/arrange your UV map so that each part will match perfectly its desired position on the ship plan
Yes, that was my plan if all else failed. But isn't there any 3D software which is able to arrange different UV regions according to their relative arrangement in an orthogonal projection ?
Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote