View Single Post
Old 01-27-19, 08:52 PM   #11659
Chucktown
Watch

Downloads: 225
Uploads: 0

Running on the surface at night to re position at 64tc and I start hearing shells whiz by me. I quickly go to tc1 and go to the bridge. What i saw was a DD at 0 degrees within about 200m firing at me point blank. The weather conditions was 4kt winds, no fog, no clouds, no precipitation, and moon was about 3/4 if that matters for spotting. I received no warning from my bridge crew even with 1 pt in upgrade for bridge officer in spotting. I did load a save game that was saved with very bad conditions. They were heavy fog, heavy precipitation, 7kt winds, and overcast. Visibility was basically 0 in my save but a reload cleared it up.

My install is a steam install and I used the steam converter as well. I made sure my game was v1.20 before installing TWoS as well. I also made sure sh5.exe was set to administrator rights and I am running win7. I know in the past that there was some extra steps in the past that had to be done to use TDW Patcher with steam, I didn't take those steps since I am assuming the converter was added to remove those steps so correct me if I am wrong. My game install remained in steam/steamapps/common as well. I followed the install instructions to the t and didn't do anything more or less then instructed.
Chucktown is offline   Reply With Quote