View Single Post
Old 08-27-20, 08:02 AM   #69
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

You have red my feedback on how it handles, its okay with my rig which is three years old. Windows build 1903. My specs you can see in my profile.

The mix of planes in this version of FS is somewhat different. The focus is on small GA airplanes, obviously in lpine with the focus of the sim on VFR flying, whcih is no surprise with this scenery. Using the Delux Prfo version, there are many, many smaller planes. My only "complaint" is that so very many of them come with glass cockpits only. I understand that this is the way things go in reality, still, I prefer the old analogue instrument setups with a separate additional GPS. First, I am used to handling these, and second, the glass cockpits have all numbers and data on their displays in very small fonts and they are difficult to read for me although using TrackIR and also instrument views, also, the clickspots for the turning buttons are very small and you can easily mis-enter data. That cannot become better with VR and its limited resolution, I fear. There is also a substantial need to learn to handle these Garmin devices, if one does not know it already, you can in most cases not operate navigational aids without them.

Its strange to see these devices now as defaults, while 15 years ago you had to spend money on additional modules simulating them and then with even limited system depth. Things have so much changed.

Garmin tutorials:

G1000:

G3000:

G3X: