View Single Post
Old 08-04-20, 05:02 AM   #9996
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The system of electoral college simply is an artificial weighing of counted votes that derails the real weight of the counted votes. And that is a problem. Thats why I insist on the "real" eleciton results. You may have noticed that I gave these "real" results for german state elections in the past, too. Only them shows what really has gone on.
Sorry but again you don't seem to grasp how the American system works. The President does not wield unlimited power. He is restrained by Congress and the Judicial system. The President cannot introduce and pass laws. Congress does that and it is elected, both Senators and House Reps. by popular vote. The people can decide if they want to check the President's power and they do quite regularly. Most mid term elections go against the White House.

By real results I assume that you mean the popular vote. That may work in some countries but in the USA that would mean a permanent Democratic White House. Would that be good for the country as a whole? I doubt it. In my life time Presidents usually get two terms and then the other party takes over. The only variation from that was Carter and Bush Sr. The people who complain the most are usually the people who didn't win. Hillary Clinton and her supporters and the Trump haters.

Real tyranny would be a country ruled by one political party.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online