View Single Post
Old 09-22-18, 10:12 PM   #5408
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Oh I've known how you felt about me for a long time now Steve. My point to you however was that you and everyone else sitting on the fence will have eventually to pick a side, or be run over in the middle of the road like that deer.
Actually I don't think you have any idea how I feel about you. As for "sitting on the fence" and "middle of the road", it's hard to take a side when, as I said, they both behave in the same way.

"Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule – and both commonly succeed, and are right."
—H. L. Mencken

Not my words, but ones that reflect the reality as I see it. Yes, the Left is a major cause of this nation's troubles. So is the Right. The very fact that there are sides is one of the major problems we have. Yet there they are, and they both insist that they are totally right and the other side is totally wrong, and for the most part are so convinced of their own rightness that it's difficult to have a real conversation with either one without having to wade through a sea of bluster, challenge and True Belief.

I do take sides, but I do it issue by issue, not as a Party Line. I'm also open to honest discussion, but I rarely find it.