Thread: Steve's Models
View Single Post
Old 01-17-17, 12:06 AM   #1053
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

After eleven months of not finishing anything, and seven months of not even touching a model except for a couple of game repairs, I decided I was ready to start something new.

It took awhile to recognize, but after missing the June 15th deadline on the Boeing I became horribly depressed. I didn't do anything for more than a month, and then I saw the ad at Guitar Center for the band looking for a bass player. They liked me, and that got me moving again, but in a different direction. I spent all my creative time re-learning old skills and learning new ones - not easy at my age, or with my personality. Every few days I would look at the Boeing and decide I just couldn't touch it.

Recently the music started to stabilize, and I found myself with more free time. I still can't bring myself to finish the Boeing, but I've begun to think more about all the game models I still don't have, especially since I've still been buying a new one every month.

I finally realized that if I'm not going to finish the Boeing I need to start something new. Rather than continue from where I left off I've backtracked a little, as I've acquired some newer models of old aircraft. Early on I showed a rather beat-up old vac kit of the Royal Aircraft Factory's BE.2c, which I didn't want to tear apart and rebuild, so I just rigged it as it was, which was pretty bad. At the end of 2015 Airfix released new kits of the BE.2c - the first one done in injection-molded plastic, and the Fokker E.II. I've decided to build the BE.2c, and got the kit out and ready to start.