View Single Post
Old 10-17-10, 12:17 AM   #19
Tessa
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

The version with the abbreviated great speach I don't have anymore, not like I'd recommend but more as one to avoid. There were a few floor cuttings on it I hadn't seen but nothing enough to make any significant enhancements or give better understandings of any major points/portions of the movie.

As I mentioned liking the dub I knew wouldn't be something that would go over well, I can't speak any German to save my life so it doesn't bother me in the same way. I can speak Japanese and when I feel lazy I'll watch it with the subtitles on, in some cases where the job was done so fast or poorly I'll just turn em off as they're so innacurate they become a major nuisance.

Far as foreign language to English dubs go, I still say this was one of the best done jobs out there. Pretty much every time I go out on Patrol I've got a lineup of movies that I'll put on my TV to watch while I wait ingame (currently I don't have any sort of cable tv service, long story...) and watch Das Boot at least once each patrol, sometimes more if I don't finish in a single day/sitting.
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote