View Single Post
Old 07-18-16, 01:02 PM   #768
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Regarding the SD radar, it never was intended to show a plane on the two A-Scope or PPI screens. It's only way of communicating a plane detection was through the message text box, and showing the plane icon on the Navigation Map. Those two things are hard coded as to what they do. The planes icons can be replaced, but that's not up to me to decide.

The SJ radar does show on the two radar screens but their connected at the hip. You can't pull one to do the SD radar capabilities, without having the other screen do the same thing.

In real life, the SD receiver unit was nothing more than an oscilloscope looking device....much like the A-Scope screen. It would have been perfect for the game to have separated the two screens to display the two different radar capabilities.....but they didn't. And, there's nothing we can do about it since the distinction between the two types of radar (Air Search and Surface Search) are made in the hard coded parts of the game.

Again thanks for taking the time to explain things for me, appreciate it. I'll continue to work with what we currently have.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote