View Single Post
Old 09-29-19, 05:24 AM   #7532
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I have read Snowden's book now. Imprsssive. I saw him in two long tV interviews and was absolutely sympathtic to the way he got across, and the book supports my intiial impressions of the person behind it all. This is no famehungry poser or attention.craving disloyal knowitall. He is very serious, I see lots of integrity in his character, and a straight mind that knew exactly in advance what he got himself into and what losses he would suffer from doing what he did (with help from strong supporters). He unmasked crimes that are agaimnst law and constitution, and for that I fail to see the moral argument that this turns him into a villain t hat must be prosecuted. When subordunates see their superiors and top of the list commanders violating the law and rules and constitution, it shoukd be regarded as their duty to not stay loyal to them, no matter what, but to help ending the wrongding by calling it out. He did, in a format that wpuld make it impssible for the offenders to hide the evidence in time.

This is a very different character than for example Julian Assange. I wish Snowden well.

And one thing, Mr. Snowden: Thank you. Thank you a lot. We owe you, even if many of the bigot establishment defenders deny that and eye you with foam on their lips, for you threatened their personal power interests.

We now need somebody who unlocks the removed Trump calls from that hidden WH security server. And not only Trump must be helf liable - all those aids who helped him to cover up must be held accountable, too. We had this kind of ever helpful compkices in Germany, too, seventy, eighty years ago. We know this wicked breed all to well. Their loyalty - in truth is nothign els ebut treason against the people, and the nation, and the constitution, and the spirit in which the founding fathers did what they did back then.