CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by murat124 View Post
Hello,

was the DVD pre patched to v1.2 ?
No, I took the advice from DarkWraith and followed this path to have the game automatically update:

\Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe

I didn't run the game before doing the update. When the initial installation completed (which took a fairly long time), I followed the path to the gu.exe, then started the download/install all over again. Go make some coffee....it took about an hour to finish the install, then the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andacio
I don t realy understand wich are the steam versions of the game . In my mind are those versions that we play through Steam ,and not those that we play through Uplay. Am I wrong?
I've never used Steam (have no plans to ever use it).

For instance, their SH4 download is version 1.3!! If you know anything about SH4, either version 1.4 or the U-boat Missions Add-on (which patches the game up to v1.5) are both more stable than the 1.3 version. The problem is the Steam v1.3 can't be updated to v1.4....you need to purchase the additional v1.5 (from them of course) to get your game running to the best UbiSoft has to offer (which isn't much)!! Talk about manipulation.

U-Play is UbiSoft's idea of manipulation too.....but that's what we have to do to play the game (even the DVD editions). I was reluctant to register with them, but there's no way around it (that I know of).

Quote:
I have bought my version of SH 5 from Gamersgate site and I play it through U-play . Is it maybe a Steam version.....when I install megamods pack and TDV patch , the game crashes.
That's a good question. I found this about Gamersgate selling game's with DRM's from SteamWorks: LINK

Seems to me there could be some similar connection between the two sites.

I followed up on one of the posters replies stating the DRM will be shown on the Gamersgate game download page. I went to Gamersgate SH5's page and found the DRM is "Tages". Not sure what this is, or what's the difference compared to SteamWorks.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote