Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
why didn't you get out of her way?
Not enough time to clear the keel.

Was inside a convoy submerged daytime attack. Sunk three ships outright. Fired a fourth torpedo hit a hog island freighter in the bow, blew its bow off (see link with screen shot). Seemed disabled and was ahead, figured if did not sink would finish off. Large freighter was about to cross my stern, so started speed plot on him, dropped scope while timing. I raised scope for observation to mark speed, did a sweep and there was the damaged freighter, mangled bow now filling the scope, apparently he decided to turn in and ram me. Ordered to go deep to avoid and ahead flank but not enough time to clear his keel, hit my boat aft end of control room and propulsion room, the compartments that flooded. Love the damage model, its realistic (although think flooding rate is a bit fast) but does make things tough. One small mistake or some bad luck can and will get you killed usually.

Earlier in patrol survived a very intense depth charge and hedgehog attack, had flooding in all compartments at one point, but managed to survive, then to be taking out by ramming. Hedgehogs had to be adjusted though, I took two hedgehog hits and no damage. Look at .zon file. Max hitpoints for hedgehog is 10...thats not very much really. Wonder why was set so low.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote