View Single Post
Old 10-15-21, 09:07 AM   #4
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

You've got good gear. I've been using the red Momo wheel for nearly twenty years now. I bought three of them actually, so that if one ever went down I'd have a backup so I wouldn't miss that week's GPL race

Aside from Raceroom and the civie flight sims (never did get in to them) I've played all of those too. GP1! That's starting at the ground floor haha.

Yeah, I was on Frug's staff from the start, back when we were known more for XCom than Falcon 4. But it didn't take long before F4 became the thing Frug's was best known for, the center of the F4 community if I may be so bold. Too bad it's gone now.

I started my MP racing with a great group at a little-known site called Crash Test Dummies. We did GPL and the first GTR sim mostly. But then we migrated it all over to Frugs and I set up our GPL leagues. We ran the '67 and '65 cars.

We had drivers from all over the world. Austraila, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, England, Scotland, United States, and it was a truly remarkable that we could all come together on Saturday nights (Sunday morning down under). To be in with such a global group blew my mind. The fastest driver was a German, a man named Frank Steinbach. In those days we used the term 'alien' to describe drivers whose ability seemed out of this world. Frank was the apex alien haha. So fast in fact that he would intentionally handicap himself and drive the Cooper or the BRM or the White Whale while the rest of us drove Lotii, Eagles and Ferraris. The Eagle was my weapon of choice, because as we all know it was the finest Formula 1 car of all time. The Brabham was my '65 car for league racing.

So yes, now it's F1 2021, which I have a blast with. The reasons are all spelled out in the thread I linked to above so no need to repeat it. I'm a massive fan of the sport, never miss a race, and I love having my own Formula 1 fantasy world to live in, where I feel like a rising star on the biggest stage in motorsport. And by the way, Codemasters has recently released both Portimao and Imola as free DLC tracks since they were not ready in time for July's game launch.

Yeah, sim racing is good