View Single Post
Old 04-27-11, 04:46 PM   #71
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
What resolution are you running the game at and what resolution is your pooter screen set at?
1400x1050, with the Res Fix. That's the most I can get without stretching things out since I don't have a widescreen GUI.

The monitor's native res is 1680x1050 (16:10 I think). Before switching OSes and getting all the new drivers for that, I could just tell the graphics card not to rescale and it ran fine at that res in 4:3, but with the new drivers I've been using another little app to force the desktop res to change only when the game's .exe is running - this allows the options for 'no rescale' with the graphics drivers.

That tweak is the only difference from what I had before. Then all I had to do was disable the d3d9.dll temporarily and ME worked fine. And I had no trouble with screenshots either.

Of course it's not the ONLY difference since I have a buttload of additional mods now.

On the other hand, as I mentioned before, even game installations that don't have the res fix installed give me the same problem with ME - so it's not *just* the res fix. Probably a big 'ol tossed salad of different things that I'll have to sort through one by one.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote