View Single Post
Old 02-14-08, 01:06 PM   #15
Etienne
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Vista is a... I can't say this politely.

I've worked with a few laptops that were Vista based - The EX's and my brother. The EX only ever used hers to go online, and she was in absolute love with the bullbe wrapper poping gadget on the sidebar. She played WoW on it after we broke up, but that's as far as I know. The large amount of problems I had with it were when I was trying to get it online, and the tech support guy didn't know Vista at all...

My brother wanted a Mac, but got a PC for Christmas. Don't look a given laptop in the OS and all that - Anyway, he tried to install The Godfather, and it didn't work. Eventually, we got fed up and installed XP - The laptop now runs COD4, albeit at a pretty low graphic setting. We banged our heads on a couple walls because Vista kept telling us "A BETTER version of Windows is installed! Why would you want to downgrade? I won't let you do this!"

My father's mac dual boot to Windows. XP, of course.

As for me, I recently got a Dell XPS laptop. Ordered it with XP.

I think the most telling thing in the whole mess is that you can still order top of the line computers with XP pre-installed. Vista's a mess, and everybody knows...

But Oh So Pretty!
Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote