Old 02-08-06, 07:38 AM   #1
FLB sale U-999
Engineer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default 6 Dials- Simfeeling Mod!

Hi all!

This is my 6 Dials- Simfeeling Mod.

With this Modification u will get a new gameplayfeeling for this great sim!

!This Mod is only for those, who are using the TransparenteConsole Mod + Slideoutconsole, or for those who would like to use it!

This mod is NOT compatible with the 4 Dials Slideoutmod! U can only use the Slideoutsection from this Mod if u want to!

With this mod u will have a new textfield with a other Font, enlarged Messagefield and the ability to scroll the complete Messagefield very easy with a Drag&Drop function.

This modification was a very hard part of work, with editing, making new Textures and trying, trying and trying to get all to work how i wanted to have. On this is the Reason why u MUST go this Readme step by step, to get all right and correct to work!
U must insert/add every single Number, Letter and all Symbols correctly, like described down, or it could be that something will not work properly or u causes crashes or something like that.

So, please read this Readme very carefully and go this Installation step by step to get this Mod to work properly.

I cannot give u a finsihed Menu_1024.768.nin or dials.cfg, because there are so many Mods out there, which are affecting those Files and have different changes there.
Especially those ID Numbers and those IXXX numbers are individually different by everyone`s Files. So u will have to add/insert them by yourself.

But it`s not so dramatic, u just go point after point and on that way it will be easy to install this mod on your Game!

It`s necessary to set those XXX Numbers manually, i know it is a lot of work to retype 60 Blocks or more.....but u all know: It`s a long way to......

First i wann thank some People!

Thank`s goes to:

-S-XPress from German Ubisoft forum, which gave me the tipp to look at

Ex_Rasinban`s Big Slideout Compass!

-Ex_Rasinban for his great Compass, where i learned a lot of the needfull adds and

edits in the dials.cfg and the menu_1024_768.ini Files!

-FLB Chebawookee for the awesome, new Compass texture, which was a very hard and nice work!

-Oak_Groove for his fantastic Textures from Bordinstrumente 1.0 Mod!

-Frontflottille for their Slideoutconsole which i use a very long time.

-tienman74 for his new Compasspointer, which i overworked just a little bit and put it into this Mod.

Sry, if i forgot somebody

Second i wann excuse my none perfect english! I hope u can understand all written things in this Readme. Sorry!

Short Story:

So, one thing i really missed a long time in this great Sim, was the ability to have precise and large Dials for the Main steering of the U-Boat. That Main steering is the most important thing in a Simulation, what Genre ever, which were really to small, to inaccurate, to uncomfortable and really to Arcadelooking.

For that Reason i maked (after a lot of trying, editing and testing) complete ,,new" Maindials, which are large and will give a feeling that u are really playing a simulation. Now u can work with the Maindials precise, accurate and more comfortable!

The Original Console (those 6 Dials at the right Bottom) will be deactivated by this Mod, because they are replaced by this ,,new" ones. The togglefunction stays the same, the text also just the positions and some smaller things are changed....

You will also have a new Scrollfield for the Messages, which is Drag&Drop. Also a new font used for the Text Messages in the Textfield and an enlarged one, which goes completely to the right Screen to have longer Texts visible there. Because now there is enough Space at the right bottom, so an enlarged Textfield to use that ,,new" free Space there....

Ok, i think u should give this mod a chance and just try it onces, then u will know what i mean with all that!

Ok, here the new Dials.....

You switche/toggle the dials like before with the black Button....this here is the new 260 Meter Depthdial....

The Speedtelegraph....

When u toggle them, then there will be the Knotsdial, for more precise Speedinput....

The Compass, which was built by FLB Cheba, with the new Pointer of tienman74....
Now should be precise Coursesetting no game of luck anymore....

And those who wants much more precise Coursesettings, those can do this now with the new Rudder! I placed behind those TGA a second Compass, which u can see now through a small window in the Rudder. there u will be able to see which course u are running or going to run, when working with the Rudder. Because in original game, i was never able to see which course i am now running when i set Rudder to 20 degrees Bkb or Stb....so for what do i have a rudder? Now u can work properly with the rudder!

How i said, now u have a new Console because the old one is deactivated....

This new console will slide out if u move to the Bottom with ur Mouse which i marked red.....

The Textfieldsize should be enough large now. Now u can scroll the complete Textfield with the Drag&Drop prinzip. U just Move somewhere on the Textfield and press left Button, hold em, and Move up or Down. so u scroll it very easy and don`t have anymore to do this on those small, ugly Sliders which are really too small and nasty to scroll with em.......the new Font gives al little bit more Flair into the whole thing, i think.....

Download here:
http://rapidshare.de/files/12803946/...EN_DE.zip.html

Please read the Readme carefully!

I wish u a lot of fun with this Mod! Maybe someone likes it....

P.s.: The Manual Torpedo Mod (Peri&UZO&Attackmap) will be released this Week, if everything goes good. Have to wdjust some Graphics....

Best wishes
FLB Sale U-999
www.Flottenbasis.de