View Single Post
Old 06-30-09, 10:53 AM   #14
alexsmith
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
What was the sea condition? DDs are very low, and if waves are washing over their decks, they're unable to fire their torpedos. It doesn't take much water to make this happen, and the problem wasn't really solved until they started building bigger DDs with raised forecastle decks. RJW-vintage DDs are just large versions of TBs.
maybe. I could probably miss it. Don't you think a some on-screen icon displaying aproximately weather conditions would be great?

Quote:
Why do you say that being able to aim a ship's torps at a specific target is useless in DG? It works fine for me and I find it quite useful.
I mean SEPARATE targeting! I doubt I can find any reasonable situation in which guns should fire in one direction and torpedoes opposite! In DG I mean - in Jutland as I've already told it may be quite reasonable - maybe.

Considering fact that sometimes torpedo targeting commands does not work at all - I order to target specific ship, but target is changed suddenly - please, check this out, might be bug And of course - I understand how visibility affects targeting - so please - do not send me back to manual

All I want to say that separate targeting is complex but does not solve the main (IMHO) problem - shooting from margin distance. When DD enters targeting range - it should prepare weapons to be ready to launch torpedoes by order - but not to throw them from 1km! To achive this you must do a lots of tricky things - target only from short distance and wait untill torpedoes train to target - which is sometimes too dangerous - or stop targeting just before launch - and target again at short distance - or do a lot of tricky manoeuvres... These all are toooo complex - especially when you attack by several DD at the same time. All is required - as I think - is a button Hold torpedoes/Release torpedoes - and DD might become quite helpful when they start to launch torpedoes just when YOU want it - not they
alexsmith is offline   Reply With Quote