View Single Post
Old 05-11-09, 06:23 PM   #41
pythos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0

Hopefully this helps others find this problem.

I was running another sound file, with sounds from das boot. After performing a crash dive the problem would pop up. It happens when the game goes from a TC of 64 or higher. The sound that looped was when the Chiefe is yelling in german "all hands forward", the segment of the sound was the german "forward". and it repeated over and over again. I was able to eliminate the problem by switching to a different dive sequence from another german sound set.

Odly enough the crash dive sequence, Get this, was no different than the one I replaced. Same length, heck even the same sound. But it did not loop.

In this case, with your mod steve, the sound that loops on mine is the sound of somone's foot contacting a rung of a metal ladder. It is from the ambient sound file, and it is in consistant.

It is a very odd and annoying problem that I do rember happening with sh3. It is a problem that should have been dealt with by the devs. Hopefully the damned suits at UBI will allow a proper development AND test of SH5, instead of being the besuited nuckleheads that pushed SH4 out before it was ready.
pythos is offline   Reply With Quote