View Single Post
Old 08-05-20, 06:15 PM   #2247
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
Ahoy Shimpmate,, marvelous work .... tremendous focus and achievement in all of the pictures you just posted. Truly remarkable...and very consistent.

well done

Admiral Von G
Thank you Admiral!! I will be communicating with you soon. I'm now using a new computer and monitor for working & the game's files have been migrated from my old, dying computer. Much appreciation to you!

About you guys' other questions:

I hope to have everything done in 2021. The good news is, all of the big warships (which consumed much time) are modeled at 50 - 80% completion except for "Seydlitz". Vast majority are at about 75-80%; I plan to do damage modeling & crew behavior effects together for most ships. And "Seydlitz" can use many existing parts from my VdT & "Moltke" to save time.

So far you will not need any files for U-Boat Missions to run the game (although that may change). For modding I simply convert US nationality to German nationality, with all the correct flags/uniforms etc. I run my test versions of the mod with the latest SH4 patch plus Game Fixes Only mod (that creator will be given credit).

Performance? The mod ran slightly choppy on my old system which was 7 years old:

-CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155

-8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX [+0])

-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Cards (x2 in SLI)

Most people's systems should run it much better. And I haven't even finished optimization of the mod yet, which will boost performance by permitting various detail levels for ships, planes, & buildings.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote