Old 04-04-19, 04:28 PM   #20
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Thanks gap!
My pleasure kapuhy, while you update your model you might find the followin articles on flag etiquette useful:

https://www.marineinsight.com/guidel...ag-etiquettes/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariti...Flag_etiquette

Quote:
For historically accurate equipement on Fairmile, I need four kinds of weapons:
- Hotchkiss QF 3pdr (45mm) (initially mounted as main gun on foredeck)
- 20 mm Oerlikon AA guns (those replaced 3pdr later on, and additional one was mounted on aft deck)
- .303 Lewis machine guns
- this kind of crude DC racks:
The 20 mm Oerlikon and the depth charge ramps should be easy to find among stock SHIII/IV/5 and custom-made library armaments. Moreover, I have nicely detailed models of the most common US and British depth charges that I will be happy to share with you if you like. Here is myy rendition of the British Type "D" Mk III DC:

On the other hand, I am sure that the Hotchkiss 3-pounder and the Lewis MG are not among the stock armaments, and I doubt that you will find them in any SH mod. I have a nice model of a lewis gun on my HD, my own work; I can similarly send it your way, but you would have to decimate its polygons, as it is a bit too detailed for use as an AI gun, and you would need to model a pedestal for it:

Quote:
EDIT: Just found the weapons. data/Library folder
I am afraid that by relying on the dat format you won't be able to use GR2 armaments directly on your unit, unless you give up the unified render controller and the connected texture maps: granny equipments look entirely black when placed on dat units with the aforementioned controller
gap is offline   Reply With Quote