View Single Post
Old 02-15-14, 09:33 PM   #5
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by electraguard View Post
I had been playing SH4 with RFB v1.52 just fine. I upgraded my motherboard & CPU but kept my hard drive, video card, etc. After that, when I tried to play the game it asks for my CD key number. I bought the CD direct from UBISOFT sometime in 2008. It contains the U-Boat mod. I tried entering both key numbers but keep getting the error message that the request refused by server because activation limit has been exceeded. I don't know why I am getting that message since I didn't not re-install the game since I played it before I changed my MB. I have searched the web for an answer but could find none. There is nothing, that I can find, on the UBISOFT home site about this. Then I reinstalled the game in both the UBISOFT directory and installed the 1.4 patch. It played but would not open the save games from before. I assumed it was because the games were save using RFB 1.52. So I installed RFB 1.52 and when I run the game it goes to the RFB screen and I get an error that it can't find the black80.tga file. So I copied it from my pre-new motherboard SH4 folder that I had saved. When I run it again it gets past the black80.tga file but I get the 'there is a new (not implemented) page <pagechooseloadsave> error. I tried uninstalling the game and re-installing it in a new directory (SH4) as recommended in this forum. I had the same black80.tga then the 'there is a new (not implemented) page <pagechooseloadsave> error. Anyone have any idea how I can get this working again?
Ok, I'm confused about exactly what version of SH4 you have. The U-boat missions patch should bring you up to v1.5. If you have SH4 v1.5, you should be able to use RFB_2.0. I'm not sure if RFB_1.52 will work with SH4 v1.5 or not. Most, if not all, who have SH4 v1.5 use RFB_2.0, the latest version.

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote