View Single Post
Old 08-19-05, 01:05 AM   #22
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220
Uploads: 0

Its the combination of force from inter-related platforms that creates a powerful group.
Harpooning has taught me that but I am new to mission design period. It will be interesting
to attempt to translate that experience within DW.

I would add to your excellent post that we shouldnt overlook the essential role of AEW nor forget the
S3 Viking. Both enable long range force projection. Another important player in the orchestra is airborne ECM -
not sure how much that figures in DW. Again the role of the Tomcat and F18(AAW) is the key to establishing
the right conditions for supremacy.

Tools - have we really got enough ? Agree we dont need the heavy Harpoon stuff but I am not alone
in wanting more MD flexible drawing/marking tools for the Nav map. In particular I want the ability
o produce individual marked Nav maps for each side/platform. Nav zones, exclusion zones etc.

Fleet Command - I did'nt make my point here - what I dream about is a sim like DIDs Total War which combines
the strategic with the tactical. In that flight sim you could design missions then board the AWACs aircraft
and as Air Controller issue instructions to individual flights carrying out your mission assignments and
then jump into any F22 pilot seat in 3D.

I seek, as Dids blurb outlined, the naval equivalent of :-
' An extremely sophisticated ariel campaign and and flight simulation program expertly
integrated into one very compelling game. '

You will agree I'm sure that design and implementation are strictly separate in DW.,
hence my desire to see FC and DW integrated.

Finaly a bit of provocative flag waving DID and Digital Integration were British firms squeezed out
of existence by 'Big Brother' The latter produced 'Tornado' and F18E which didnt stay
the course against the much less worthy F18., backed by greater promotional resources.

But then Rolls Royce engines turn up in some funny places. ;

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote