View Single Post
Old 06-15-11, 10:07 AM   #37
Subnuts
The Old Man

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

I've never seen Das Boot. A recent user review of it on IMDB doesn't give me a lot of hope:

Quote:
Wolfgang Petersen often known for copying English films comes up with a remake of THE LOVE BUG but sadly dehumanizes the submarine too much and adds homo undertones in the sub which is too old fashioned The first half and all the prep scenes are very badly handled, the leg scene of Jürgen Prochnow and the UBoat scene and all his shabby outfits scenes are repulsive and actually don't go with what he says that he will never wear shabby outfits, you know how much they lie? Anywayz the submarine taking revenge part is interesting though filmy and the murder of Lehmann-Willenbrock is nicely handled but the rest murders are badly handled and with the hamming of the villains it's even worse Actually the villains comes across as jokers The handling of the past Schmutt's scenes are too in your face filmy and clichéd Direction is faulty Music is good. The movie reminds of the Buddy Hackett movie The LOVE BUG although the boring parts go on for hours and are more similar to My Dinner With Andre (1987).

The real hero in the film is the sub. Prochnow has just a marginal role in the film and is more likely used as a crowd puller. The story is quite simple and the movie is more likely to aim at the action sequences than presenting an interesting storyline.

Nothing new on the block just a simple Friday night flick, that is if you have nothing else to do.
Is it better than this guy suggests?

Subnuts is offline   Reply With Quote