View Single Post
Old 02-13-22, 02:47 PM   #41
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
/\ That was a college sport for me in '71 (sophomore year). I still have my (60+ yr.old)original wooden piece game in the original battered box in my bedroom closet. All we talk about at reunions are the Risk games...and Hamm's beer! My double-six dice throwing on defence was legendary on wintery all-night sessions in the dorm...perhaps better spent cramming for organic chemistry?? My daughter has yet to beat "the old man"...but holds her own at Monopoly! I pissed off the wife a few years back when I made putting the box and its contents back together #1 task after the last Napa quake; instead of cleaning up the shattered porcelain in the kitchen...a man has gotta have his priorities in order. The Risk box is securely taped;... and all the cabinets now haves 'quake latches...for eventual quake #3!??

Ah, Risk! I didn't have the money to buy the game from Parker (in this country), and my parents found it too expensive for the game material offered, so I never got it as a gift. So I often borrowed it from the library. At some point I traced it on a large sheet of tracing paper, and stretched it on thick white cardboard. These cross-shaped tile spacers from the hardware store were painted by me with Plaka paints, so we call here very solid colors, which one also uses for stone painting for example, rather already a varnish. The playing cards I transferred to index cards. And then I played on this setup with my three closest friends from the class. Excessively.