View Single Post
Old 07-19-13, 01:14 AM   #36
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
The .45 has some degree of accuracy...but a .410 fired from a barrel that short is like extreme close range.
Depending on the weapon it is being fired from yes.If you watched that video you'd know that with that judge he had to hold very low to hit the aim point and Hickock45 is a very experienced shooter shooting at a location he is very familiar with.

In my opinion .40 caliber is over rated people diss 9x19mm all the time but you shot a heavier grain bullet and it is pretty effective the target/cheapo round are 115 grain you really need 124,134 or 147 grain rounds.NATO uses 124 grain ball FMJ.There are also some high end 115 grain rounds out there.The thing with the 115s is they have a pretty high velocity and they can pass through very fast and not do much damage of course they might pass through and keep going at a slower velocity of course.

In my opinion you either go 9x19mm or you step it up to .45ACP I would rather have 12+1 rounds of .45 than 13+1 or .40 cal any day.That is just how I feel though but you can do some research and find that elite units have variations what they prefer for a side arm though they tend to use either 9x19mm or .45 9x19mm is so common your enemy is likely to also use it in some of their weapons.But the preference for some units with 9x19mm stems form the concept of violence of action engagement and putting rounds into the threat until it is fully neutralized and down dead as dead.The SAS guys that raided the Iranian embassy in 1980 they used MP-5s and had Browning High-Powers as sides arms (both 9x19mm) some of the terrorists had over 100 bullet wounds in their bodies of course SAS counter terror troopers are the best combat shooters you can find they only have peers not anyone superior.

I do not know enough about the FN 5.7mm round but I do know that the market version is much weaker than the military version also the ammo is very expensive only a few firearm in the world use 5.7mm.

Last edited by Stealhead; 07-19-13 at 01:25 AM.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote