View Single Post
Old 03-12-10, 11:44 AM   #10
janh
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Having volunteered at a street magazine publishing house for nearly a year, I'm deeply offended by this comparison.

The average drug addict is far more responsive than SH5 crewmen while high.

Yeah, 'cause game publishing houses by definition have an infinite amount of money and always brush it off when they don't get money for their products. Any other industry would reel if 50% of their customers didn't pay for their products, but publishers, why, they just take it like troopers and magick more money into existence.

I wish I had the Vault of Infinite Dollars that some people seem to think is installed in the basement of every game publisher headquarters building.

Oooooor you could help make it obsolete by, you know, getting your buddies to not pirate games in the first place.
Ooh, he is an aggressive member of his species. Maybe he should consider point one of his argument, or valium...

BTW, without extending this discussion to SHV, generally limited funding is no excuse for putting out low quality products. Nor is developing products tangentially to the ideas and needs of customers. That is business model that hasn't worked in the past 2000 years.

But I give you that the piracy and the alledged DDOS attacks (the latter: if true) have done more harm than good in this case. This time, they should have left Ubisofts products completely alone. Then we would have had the test and the answer that we are all arguing about so much. Then any success would have been despite OSP DRM, product state and novelty, or any failure due to the latter. No one could have blamed pirates anymore. And now it is again all mingled.