View Single Post
Old 12-08-21, 08:18 AM   #28
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
First of all, I know absolutely 0 on these things, but I'm interested in learning and in this thread. In the image in post 24, would the "new low poly" models, be less detailed (viewing wise) or would they be just as beautiful and as visual as they are now? Would the ships behave differently? Sorry for the dumb question. thanx.
Yes, low poly and I will remove all useless small details (which can't be seen from a periscope point of view anyway, nor from old eyes ). But they will look a lot more like the real ships (shape, proportions, measures, disposition of the armament...).

This is a lot of work and I will probably do this only for the most representative units.

This approach could be ideally used to have a lot of different types of merchant ships at low coast for the RAM.

By the way, I don't have GWX installed anymore. Could someone send me the GWX files for the Buckley DE (.dat, .sim, ... and textures) ? And also the textures which come with the additional mod which adds a lot of textures and skins to GWX depending on the year (I don't remember the name of this mod, but it must be used with SH3 Commander IIRC).
Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote