View Single Post
Old 10-23-20, 02:13 PM   #4
Ghost Dog
Planesman

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 0

1. If you know your opponent is likely to have a Shkval: Russian sub or Iran Kilo. if youre within 10 kyds, after you fire on him assume he will counterfire a Shkval down your bearing. So, immediately turn 90 degrees from his bearing and accelerate to 14 or 15 kts. listen down his bearing for the Shkval sound or just wait for TIW alert. Then you can accelerate to full or flank and change depth dramatically if possible.

*when I start to figure its getting close to boogaloo time, I sometimes reel-in my towed array so I dont break it if I really need to do some dancing. I can always toss it out again later.

2. Don't cavitate vs passive torps. Always manually listen around for torpedo screw noises, if you hear torpedos but no pinging then assume they are passive fish. Always be popping out passive CMs and change course & depth. Keep your speed around 15 kts, this gives you some velocity but you should still be able to hear and not cavitate either. If you've got the sea room, you go very deep (learn your crush depth for each sub you're driving) and go flank for a burst, then turn and slow for a quick listen for torps.

FPSChazly did a video about torpedo evasion that should give you a good basis for doing this against all kinds of torpedoes.

free image host
Ghost Dog is offline   Reply With Quote