View Single Post
Old 12-05-08, 08:24 PM   #49
Kentrat
Torpedoman

Location: Sitting on the Becks crate scraping the mould off the bread...
Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

Hi Asanovic7,

read your early posts and couldn't help agreeing in my anglo-saxon way :-) we in the UK are far more controlled and surveilled than people EVER were in the former Soviet-Bloc, don't do this, do that etc; and guys believe me I do know, my wife is from Poland, born 1970 and she grew up under the communist system! So I am not just another lefty-brit spouting off! It sometimes seems that we are sacrificing freedoms because we are told it is in our interests, and blindly allow our politicians and civil servants to erode personal freedoms for 'national security' or 'your safety'and if that is not DDR-speak (sorry to any former Stasi officers playing SH3, it is not intended as an insult to your profession) for controlling us, what is? It is that our leaders exploit fears and worries about security, global warming, health etc; when what it seems to be about is MONEY! We are no longer citizens, but 'revenue-generation opportunities' , whether thru tax or fines!

Don't pay too much attention to my rantings Kaleuns, I am just pissed at the £60 it cost me for doing 35 mph on a deserted road with a dodgy 50 to 30 restriction at 2am...... Isn't it odd how the camera is ALWAYS on the downhill run, not the uphill..... SMILE! You've just been stasi'ed ;-)

Bitterly, and poorer......

Kapitänleutnant, U-136, (typ. VIIb 16v GTi)

If God didn't want us to eat animals, He would not have made them out of meat....
Kentrat is offline   Reply With Quote