Old 08-09-20, 08:20 AM   #1605
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Hello all

I am sailing in a Gato class, USS Gato in March of 1943, I believe, it has been a while since i played.

I wanted to play again today so I opened up SH4 and I tried to load my most recent save game, but it crashed a few seconds after getting to the "No Mission Too Difficult" screen. Thinking the save game was corrupt, I tried reloading another save game, but that one crashed as well in the same exact manner as the other save game.

TIA
Unfortunately this is very common. It is common to get into a situation where your latest save cannot be loaded (even with restarting the game and your system), nor, suddenly, can the last several. I've had to go all the way back to the start of a patrol before, due to this.

No real fix for it. It's best to play until you are back to home port, or at least nearby. I haven't done a scientific study, but in general it seems like you get a corrupted save (which then corrupts many/all previous saves) less often, when you are in the middle of nowhere with nothing going on.