View Single Post
Old 08-03-20, 06:33 PM   #1597
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
First of all, what are you doing in the Inland Sea, commander? This is a breach of protocol and standing orders, and will lead directly to conviction and sentencing. No courts martial will be required. Watch your mail for the summons...
Hmm, must be one of those PH things. COMSUBSOWESTPAC was so happy with our early patrol performance that we were expressly given discretion to return to base or patrol an area of our choosing. Most of the fellows wanted to patrol Long Island Sound, but we decided to poach from Uncle Charlie's golden boys instead. Squids we are, but we'd have made great Marines too: give us an inch and we'll take a mile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Second of all, depending upon the RGG or Group or Unit, and how it spawns and how far away from it you get, you can indeed experience what you had. It may have been the same ship, if you went out beyond the spawn area for the ship, and then re-entered its area in a time frame that would allow it to re-generate. Other ways that you lose the sinking credit sometimes is if you go below 100 feet (I think - it might just be periscope depth) and use high TC, or go beyond its range again prior to its sinking. Also, if in a bad storm, you might lose it, or if the ship sinks in water too shallow for it to actually fully "sink". Any part of it sticking out of the water may nullify your destruction of the ship. Lastly (I hope), anything else that contributes to the ship's sinking, can take the credit away from you, such as a storm, or a ship running aground, or an airplane bombing it, can all push the hit points to the "destroyed" level, and you get nothing... None of these are "consistent", and it might be fine one time, and fail the next three. Think of it as JANAC taking away credit, based upon IJN information, and not the witnesses on your submarine... - in reality, the game gets confused sometimes...
Hm, interesting. We went back on the latest patrol, this time on Tench, as an experiment and had the same results, though much closer in time and space. We sank a Large Tanker on 2/20/45 @ 0433 at 131° 40' E, 33° 29' N with a torpedo and shellfire, but no external assistance. None of the wreck protruded.

We then proceeded to Bepu and Oite, where we detected a Large Tanker @ 131° 40' E, 33° 20' N at 1046 on the same morning and sank her with multiple torpedoes. The entire ship sank as it did on a later test. Still no credit.

Is this what you would expect in regard to the spawning area?

And, to keep this on topic, both Oita and Tsurusaki had burning ships in harbor, plus a ship spawned and destructed on the beach south of Bepu as we approached.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote