View Single Post
Old 12-06-11, 04:12 PM   #10
Zorrin
Watch

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

First up apologies for the resurrection of this dead[?] thread...

I got SH3 to run just fine out of the box - direct2drive digital download in Wine on OS X 10.6. But it was lacking because my previous experience was with GWX.

So in my haste I installed GWX without backing up the SH3 install a mistake...

The installation was fine, but I encountered the crashing during loading - applied both of the suggested fixes that are found in this thread, as well as updating to the latest version of Wine and using the newest "engine".

Alas, I can load a mission or a career game, and generally go about my business of heading out into the sea.

However after an erratic amount of time it just suddenly crashes. I've had it crash when near a convoy, and it crashes when there aren't any ships nearby. Also there's no explanation of what's causing the crash. It just pops up and says it's not working.

Has anyone else had success with getting SH3/GWX 3.0 Gold working under OS X or just with Wine?

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to try? I am not at all programming savvy and wouldn't have the foggiest of how one goes about compiling your own version of wine so I'm not too fussed about the missing smoke/particle effects. But if therein lies the answer then I guess that's the way I'll have to go.
Zorrin is offline   Reply With Quote