Thread: [WIP] Mines
View Single Post
Old 01-26-11, 02:06 PM   #1
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Default [WIP] Mines

From the work I did on the icebergs it revealed to me a way to possibly make mines for the game. Mines that you can actually collide with (and hear the collision) before they explode. And I've done it

This is something totally new. I do not use the SH3/4 way of mines, I made something totally different (thought WAY outside of the box on this one). The mine is classified as an environmental so you're crew will not spot it . It's possible that I could change it's classification to something else but for now I'm just looking for something that works.

Extract straight to MODS folder and enable via JSGME. Select the historic mission 'TDW Mines'. Steer boat for mine straight in front of you and collide with it. Prepare for damage

The only strange thing is the damage you receive is sometimes delayed. Looks like some sort of game bug. Sometimes you won't get damage reports until about 2-3 seconds after the explosion of the mine Very strange.

When the mine explodes it doesn't disappear. After a few seconds it will disappear (fade away).

I should be able to make subnets and the likes now also.

This link includes both mines (chained and unchained) and the single mission and Total Germany campaign. The Total Germany campaign has 4 mines at the entrance to Wilhelmshaven (2 on both sides - one chained and one unchained). See if you can find them The single mission has both mines in it also.

The mines have been toned down in the damage they inflict. You should now receive hull damage also when you hit one.

http://www.filefront.com/17855690/TDW-Mines.7z/

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 01-26-11 at 09:29 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote