View Single Post
Old 09-10-19, 08:01 AM   #12514
DicheBach
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Two functional questions about the mod suite:

1. The "reserve torpedoes." With a bit of googlefu I learned that, apparently this functionality did not exist for the beginning of the campaign in the vanilla game, but I see that my Type VIIB has one for the front compartment and two for the back. On the night of 1 Sep 1939 lurking in Danzig Harbor (and after sinking ~10k tons so a bit depleted on torps) I surfaced, stopped and drag-n-dropped the front compartment reserve into an empty inside reserve slot. I time-compressed for a good while, and the torp is still in the external reserve slot and says "99% unloaded." More TC = nope still not inside the sub.

Any suggestions or clarifications on that?

2. The navigator getting fixes with Real Navigation: his accuracy seems pretty variable! In one instance, I parked the sub right at the end of a pier (in Danzig) which I could identify by the map and asked him to do a dead reckoning and he estimated we were somewhere in the northern suburbs of Warsaw!

Obviously, errors are to be expected and particularly for less capable navigators, but . . . is this WAD? Any tips? Things I can do to make his job easier? Does he get better with (even more) age? I assume I can replace most or all of my officers later in the campaign, and maybe this guy is both a Dinosaur and nearly extinct?