Old 03-06-10, 06:09 PM   #1
Heretic
Commodore

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 2

Default [REL] MightyFine Crew Mod

New Version 1.2.1
released 22 March 2010.

Confirmed. New version fixes the non-responsive aft hydroplane operator from v1.2.

Added command-based behaviors and sound effects.

Commands currently implemented:
Dive - bridge cleared, engine changeover, tanks flooded, hydroplane orders
Surface - tanks blown, hydroplane orders
Periscope Depth - if on surface, dive sequence, else just hydroplane orders
Snorkel Depth - if on surface, dive sequence, else just hydroplane orders
Emergency Surface- all tanks blown
Crash Dive* - bridge cleared, engine changeover, tanks flooded, hydroplane orders
Set Depth (clicking depth gauge) - just hydroplane orders

***NOTE***
With the addition of command-based actions, the commands matter more now. If you change your depth by clicking on the depth gauge, the commands 'dive, surface' etc, will not be triggered and the new behaviors will not occur. To get the full effect of this mod, use the commands, either by mouse click or hotkeys. You can still use the depth gauge for changes other than dive/surface.

***NOTE 2***
The stock Crash dive command has a problem and does not trigger the crash dive script, so my crash dive behaviors will not trigger. I have included an optional workaround that uses the set depth command to trigger crash dive. Using that option, changing depth via the dive gauge will trigger a crash dive if the boat is on the surface, no matter what depth you click, so use with caution.
The override should be installed after the main mod package and should never be used by itself.

***NOTE 3***
This will conflict with some sound mods, notably those using Das Boot sound clips. Everything will still work, but the sounds may not play or be different than intended.

Download: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1572

MightyFine Crew Mod for Silent Hunter 5
================================================
Version: 1.2.1
Author: Heretic
Date: 22 March 2010

Description
===========
This is a mod for the crew AI to make them behave more realistically. Currently, it addresses only the bridge watch and control room crew. Future versions will include changes for other crew members for surface and submerged cruising, surfaced and submerged battle stations, being attacked and/or damaged, and damage control.

This mod is an improvisation using animations that were not made for the uses I'm putting them to. Because of this, there will be occasions where things don't line up perfectly and you'll see more clipping. The game has no collision detection so crewmen will sometimes walk through each other. I've tried to add timing logic to minimize this, but it's still going to happen more often than not.

There are no animations for climbing ladders or going through hatches, crewmen teleport. I have added animations to try to make that transition a little less jarring. It's a workaround. Don't expect too much.

I think some of the stock heads are gamey or just look too old, so I changed them. Some of the changes no longer fit with the storyline, ie the eyepatch. I changed the WO only because his head was too big for a hat. Either ignore the inconsistancies or use the stock version.

You can choose from stock or alternate heads. Beards are provided for each option. You can start out with beards or you can choose the no beards option to start your patrol and switch over to the beard option whenever you think appropriate. I'd eventually like to make the beards 'grow' over time. In the meantime, it's a manual process of swapping out one mod version for another.

Install only one version at a time.
1. MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 Stock Head - Stock character heads
2. MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 Alt Heads - Alternate character heads
3. MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 Stock/Beards - Stock heads with beards
4. MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 Alt/Beards - Alternate heads with beards

Save game compatible. You can change between versions at any time.

Installation
============
Install and uninstall with JSGME.
Install only one version.

Known Issues or Bugs
====================
Due to a stock bug, the crew sometimes doesn't move inside when submerged.

Incompatibility
===============
The mod is incompatable with any mod that touches the same files as well as any mod that changes the crew body parts or waypoints. Texture replacers are fine.

Contact
=======
Problems issues and comments can be directed to me on the Subsim.com forums release thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163591 or via PM.

Changelog
=======
1.2.1 Released 22 March, 2010
Fixes to remove conflicts between strategies

Redid the timimg logic to make it more dependable. Changed the bridge watch to use different waypoints and animations, getting eveeryone using biniculars and opening up the front area for the player. Added command-based actions connecting crew behavior to the player's commands. Added sound effects for the crew in the control room.

Tweaked the timing logic so crew shouldn't stack up as much. Removed beards on the Fore Quarters crew for Stock w/ no beards option. Changed uniforms for gun crews.

Additional Uniform and animation tweaks. Added animation sequences for going on/off bridge watch. Changed 4th Bridge Watch to E-Motor man since PETTY01 is flak crew. Added INIT strategies to handle starting conditions. Added additional versions for alt character heads and beards.

CR_HA - Added animations for watch sequence. Set uniform for submerged station.
CR_HF - Added animations for watch sequence. Set uniform for submerged station.
CR_SO_01 - Changed head again - alt version.
CR_CHIEF - Changed head and uniform - alt version
QRF_WATCH - Changed head - alt version.
QRF_Petty_01 - Removed from bridge watch.
QRF_WATCH - Added animations for watch sequence.
TRA_EE_PORT02 - Replaced petty_01 at bridge watch.
TRA_LOAD01 - The 'gunner' uniform changed.

1.0 Initial release
Uniform and animations tweaks. Added 4th man to Bridge Watch. Removed pointing animations from bridge watch. WO moved off UZO. Head transplant for XO.

CR_CHIEF - Added officer cap. Changed uniform to overalls.
CR_HA - Added hat,leathers,binocs. Changed watch animations.
CR_HELM - Added hat.
CR_HF - Added leathers, binocs. Changed watch animations.
CR_SO_01 - Changed head. Added officer cap.
CR_VALVE - Added hat.
DER_DE_CPO - Changed cap from officers version to petty officer.
QRF_Petty_01 - Added to bridge watch. Added hat, leathers, binocs.
QRF_WATCH - Moved off UZO. Added binocs.

Resuse/Permissions
===============
Please ask for permission before using this work in any other mod or compilation. If I do not respond to a PM within 2 weeks, you made a good faith effort and permission can be considered granted.

Last edited by Heretic; 03-23-10 at 03:51 PM. Reason: updated to 1.2.1
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote