View Single Post
Old 12-04-16, 12:52 PM   #4
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

You might be stuck and need to deal with GamersGate for a new activation key or to reactivate your key again if it is anything like Direct2Drive was. They were helpful and easy to deal with and it only took about two hours for them to re-set it.

I got my original install that I still play from the now defunct (old) Direct2Drive. I was told SH4 v1.0 had no copy protection like StarForce, and after patch 1.3 or 1.4, no need to put the DVD in (which is why I went with the digital download in the first place - I hate putting DVD's in).

I'm glad I haven't bought anything from 'Steam', and never heard of 'GamersGate' until now, "a Sweden-based online video game store .... It is a competitor to online video game services such as Steam, GOG.com, Direct2Drive, and Impulse." - according to Wikipedia. This is why it sounds like you need to deal with GamersGate again.

From Wikipedia (for those who might not know, like me:

"Tagès SA provides an official, standalone, device driver installation and uninstallation program. This program functions as a toggle; once the Tagès device drivers are installed, the program will function as an uninstaller, otherwise, it will function as an installer. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the program are available."

"Known issues- because you changed operating systems back to Win7 this may affect you?:
"Tagès may be used to bind an activated game copy to the hardware configuration in the time the game was installed. This has led to issues in some games where even slightly modifying the hardware (e.g. replacing the graphic card) would require reactivating the game (either by using up one of the limited extra activations provided by the game publisher, or trying to request activation renewal from technical support)."

Good luck

Last edited by aanker; 12-04-16 at 01:02 PM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote