View Single Post
Old 05-28-21, 07:31 PM   #19
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Always trying to infiltrate convoy rows, firing 2 torp to best target, 2 others to someone else, rear one to one behind and...escape.
If convoy is running medium or slow, and weather not too bad, i try to catch him again and repeat.
Always from front or 3/4 front.
Always submerged even at night (Kretschmer surface tactic is not doable in SH3, other than making all ships almost blind at night)

Forgive me as I have little experience with SH 3, mostly SH 4 in the pacific. However, SH 4 is basically a clone of SH 3 from what I gather, I mean the fleet boats in SH 4 are actually just U boats with a facade lol (Thus, only two independent engines not four etc) .

I have modified SH 4 in paritcular the mod TMO where can pull off surface attacks, including moving inside columns such as Kretshmer did in the Atlantic, which US subs did on larger convoys in pacific as japanese began sailing in larger convoys.

The vessels are not blind, just use a darker nights mod (nights in SH 4 were way too light) with proper settings in sim.cfg for the light factor.

Of course Allied radar was much better than Japanese so not sure how to deal with that in the ATO. Just surprised no one has found this work around (or have they?) in SH 3.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote