View Single Post
Old 01-21-20, 05:35 PM   #33
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-61 View Post
One other weird thing I notice is encountering the same mini-convoys or clusters of the same units. I sank a pair of ships, a liner behind another type ship which I forget. Then a day or two later in the same general area I encounter the same pair. I know that ships and convoys to an extent are scripted into the game's layers, but this was rather bizarre. There is enough variety in the mod, but it does seem funny to see identical compositions more than once.
Please let me comment this paragraph, it sticks painfully into my eyes.

This is not weird. It is how the game works.
Yes, you can have a different collection per every Convoy if you want. As long as you have enough different ships. This can be scripted into the Campain-files without problems. But think about it. This Game do you not like to play, since it will dramatically increase the Load-time. i think about half an hour or more to Load the game for an today actual PC. Nobody like long Load-times. From time to time we all can see here on Subsim post that people blame the game hangs, not aware that the game is still loading.
This gets more worse by increasing the number of ships additional injected into the game. For short: more ships - longer Load-time. So what we get then by doing both, increasing Ships and increasing Lines in Campain-file is something like longer longer, or better, ultra-long Load-time.

Please keep in mind, when the SH3-game was released. At that time no PC was able to display smoothly a comlete round view in harbor populated with some ships without stuttering. Keep in mind, that the game is computing every single Unit-position continusly around the whole game-world. I am shure, by an heavy excessive increasing of the Ships and Campain-files the result will be an unplayable game.

Every Developer-team from what is called Big-Mods, not only LSH, has made a unbelievable good job done extending this game.

Greetings.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote