View Single Post
Old 11-21-09, 07:25 PM   #153
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Blah... didn't do any work today... Hitman, mind if I use your Ujagd 1.3 aob wheel? It's better centered than the one I ended up with in ACM Reloaded. Yours are a perfect fit and have extra markings.

@ Infernos: sir yes sir.
@looney: yes, I plan to also include a good documentation with basically the following info, but with pictures:

How to best profit from having the AOB displayed in the periscope screen:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151431

How to use the AOBF wheel (this one is written specifically for the one I made in ACM Reloaded): http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=191.

Each AOB wheel is different depending on the camera setting of the mod, the zoom level for which it's made, the layout of the marks and in my case, for the aspect ratio of the screen (because my marks are not hardcoded to increase by 1.2 ratio). But the basics are the same, the only thing different is where to place the height marks. In some cases you need to double the mast, in others you need to double the length marks. In this mod however I'll use the exact same layout I used in ACM. But I've found that <1000m, most ships cover just too many marks so I will include 2 transparent wedges so you can use 1.5X zoom and 6X zoom without dividing manually by 4.

Now as I said, the dial object for the AOBF will not cover the periscope. I will either create a small rotating knob to control the inner disk, or you'll just click in a certain place and drag left and right, not sure yet which works best, I'll try them tomorrow. The good news is that you'll be able to move the periscope freely and also use the stadimeter while having the aobf displayed. I'll also use the precise markings from ACM Reloaded. Who doesn't want them can simply hide them from the menu.ini file. G'night....
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote