Old 12-16-20, 12:05 PM   #12
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
FBMs?

If you are talking SSBNs then known patrol/launch areas are outside of territorial waters.
You must be baiting me, uh? I know FBM's are SSBN's, but they are also under great demand not to cause an accidental war.

The first Typhoon Dmitriy Donskoy is still in service as a test bed for the Bulava (SS-NX-32) missile, but the other five are now long gone except for two now in reserve fleet and considered very inactive, but the first one was treated very special so as not to give away her huge value and stayed close to the home port waters. She didn't even have a name just a number TK-208 and a designation Akula class.

It is just a report that she had a underwater micro cable optic landline to Moscow to be able to make sure that she received the order to launch missiles on time. Communications underwater was and always will be an iffy thing.

Then you have the before the Kursk disaster and after the Kursk disaster ... Rescue of the crew has been improved and could have resulted in orders for the SSBN's to stay in more shallow waters, but still within range of the USA.

The Borei class Ballistic missile submarine may very well be a free range submarine, but not the Typhoon.

Your admirals are different than our admirals and they have changed the game to include a not to fail attitude in the event of war.

Thus I propose that the Russian fleet of SSBN's stay close to home while the SSN's freely roam looking for trouble under the ice and of course the cat and mouse game of where do we hide ours.

I don't mean to sound like I know more than you do ... I am just an arm chair admiral with a healthy interest in the underwater chess game of the USA vs the USSR

You might want to research the Washington/Moscow hotline too to see that fiber optics between nations can be used for early warning then so can fiber optics for submarines to it's president.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow...ington_hotline
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote